Bangalore: state government decides to cut SSLC program by 20%

Daijiworld Media Network – Bangalore (SP)

Bangalore, November 27: The state government has decided to earmark a 20 percent reduction in this year’s SSLC program. This reduction is made in order to compensate for the delayed start of the new academic year.

A 30 percent reduction was allocated in the SSLCLC and PU program last year for the same reason. There was pressure from teachers and parents to cut back on classes this time as well.

Elementary and Secondary Education Minister BC Nagesh confirmed this decision was made to ensure the next school year begins as planned. He said it was decided to hold the SSLC exam either at the end of March or the first week of April. He said the late start of schools had challenged teachers to complete teaching on time. He noted that this also places an additional burden on the children and that officials will be responsible for completing the program taking into account available teaching days until the end of March next year.

BC Nagesh

The Minister noted that the delay in the SSLC exam will impact the second PU, CET and NEET exams. This in turn will have an impact on next year’s admissions process. These facts were taken into account in arriving at the said decision, he said.

The Minister said that the advisability of reducing the program of the second PU will be considered a little later, as there is time until May to organize the review of the PU.

Source link

About James S. Moore

Check Also

Bangalore: Covid vaccine for children – State government issues guidelines

Daijiworld Media Network – Bangalore (MS) Bangalore, Jan 1 The state government had decided to …